Peaceable Revelation—A series of blog posts that explores themes related to peace and justice in the book of Revelation.
- Revelation for post-Christians—June 27, 2019
- War of words: The key to understanding Revelation—July 22, 2019
- Are we living in the Great Tribulation?
- The healing of the nations in Revelation
- Our true enemy is not Trump; it is Satan
- Why worship in Revelation matters
- The plagues in Revelation come from Satan, not God
- What Revelation tells us about the “Church”
- Is Revelation about the future?
- Is Babylon so bad?
- This world is all we’ve got
- It’s hard to know how to talk about evil
- Overwhelmed by the Powers
- Did Jesus’s death “conquer” Satan?
- An anarchistic reading of Revelation
Various posts on Revelation on this blog
“The book of Revelation on living in empire: Christian faith in the Trump ear” (December 11, 2016)
“The book of Revelation’s revelation to Eastern Mennonite University” (October 15, 2016)
“A simple way to world peace: Recognize America a ‘Beast'” (September 19, 2016)
A series of posts, “What does the book of Revelation say?”, that summarize my recent series of sermons on Revelation:
1. The 21st century according to Revelation (Introduction—posted 9/18/13)
2. A revelation about Jesus (1:1-20—posted 9/19/13)
3. Power in weakness (2:1-29—posted 9/20/13)
4. Weakness in power (3:1-22—posted 9/21/13))
5. What is God like? (4:1–5:14—posted 9/22/13)
6. An angry Lamb? (6:1-17—posted 9/23/13)
7. Theology by numbers (7:1-17—posted 9/27/13))
8. How not to get repentance (8:1–10:11—posted 10/2/13)
9. Standing by words (11:1–12:18—posted 10/3/13)
10. How to fight the beast (13:1–14:5—posted 10/4/13)
11. How to read Revelation (14:1-20—posted 10/18/13)
12. Transforming Babylon (15:1—16:21—posted 10/19/13)
13. Seeking the peace of the city (17:1-18—posted 10/22/13)
14. Confessions of a birthright imperialist (18:1-24—posted 10/26/13)
15. The war that’s not a war (19:1-21—posted 10/27/13)
16. The judgment that’s not a judgment (20:1-15—posted 11/3/13)
17. What is paradise for? (21:1—22:6—posted 11/5/13)
18. Why we (should) read Revelation (Conclusion)
Here’s a link to my PeaceTheology.net Revelation page with links to most of my writing on Revelation since 1987.